Harvard Business Services, Inc. (HBS) is an online legal document filing and business formation service that specializes in various business services such as LLC formation services and corporation filings for Delaware companies.
They help clients form a business with a state filing by providing a user-friendly interface to choose from different packages with predetermined services and features included at guaranteed low prices.
The forms are then filed with the state electronically along with the applicable fees after completing all of your required fields.
In addition to certain legal documents, they also offer services for trusts, trademarks, patents, etc., but this time with the assistance of an additional customer support team member via phone or email who will be there to answer any questions you have about their available options for you before submitting your request to the company.
Recommended Step Before Using Harvard Business Services to Form a Delaware LLC
Before you begin the process of filing with HBS, I highly recommend that you have your business operating agreement established beforehand.
If not, then at least draft it before using this company because the LLC operating agreement is your “constitution” for running your business matters.
Pros of Harvard Business Services
- They have a lifetime customer support team dedicated to those who purchase their packages for your business which will help you with any questions or concerns you may have.
- The company is based out of California, so they are not required by the state to file all documents in person like most other states. You can easily form an LLC or corporation without having to leave your home, office, school, etc.
- They are an accredited business with the Better Business Bureau.
- They offer checklists of what you will need to submit before they file your LLC or corporation to make it as easy as possible for you.
- No hidden fees or taxes are included in their declared prices. You get exactly what you pay for, which is nice compared to having surprise charges upon receipt of your filing documents once they’ve been processed.
Cons of Harvard Business Services
- The only significant drawback is that their user interface can be confusing at times, but if you have any questions, then their support team is always available anytime, day or night via phone or email.
Harvard Business Services LLC Pricing & Features
There are various formation packages offered by HBS. These include, but are not limited to:
1. Basic Package- $149.00 (8 services included)
The Basic package includes company formation, registered agent service for 1 year, business bank account setup/maintenance, and filing documents online via the state office.
2. Green Package – $179.00 (10 services included)
The Green package includes an LLC formation, registered agent service for 1 year, business bank account setup/maintenance, and filing documents online via the state office. It also comes with a free merchant card processor, which you can use to accept credit cards for your business so that you don’t have to pay expensive credit card processing fees with your company bank account.
3. Standard Package- $299.00 (11 services included)
The Standard package offers everything that’s included in the Basic package plus a one-year DBA filing service and the ability to apply for a federal tax ID number from the IRS.
4. Premium Package- $549.00 (15 services included)- Best Value!
Everything that is included in both of the previous packages, along with a free credit report from each nationwide credit bureau, state filing for an assumed name certificate, and the ability to file for patents, trademarks, or copyrights.
5.Recommended Package- $599.00 (17 services included)
Includes everything from the Standard package along with a free Registered Agent for 1 year and access to their online business management software via Harvard Business Services website.
For a full list of services offered by each package, be sure to visit their official site.
So what does it all truly cost?
- This would depend on which package you purchase, but it works out to be an average of our service fees above per service provided. For example, if you were going to get a Basic Package, then 8 services would amount to approximately $100 each or a total of about $800 because that’s how many are included in that specific package setup for your convenience.
- And if you’re looking for less than 8 services, then you only pay for the specific services that you choose.
- The fees can be paid with a credit card directly on their site or via phone, but if you prefer to pay cash, check, or money order, then that’s also fine by them and a part of their package deals.
- Everything is very detailed and thoroughly explained before anything is going to be received from Harvard Business Services LLC.
What is Harvard Business Services’ Order Process Like?
The order process is as easy as it gets.
- Once you have decided on which package to purchase, then all that’s required is to input your information about the new business along with some personal data regarding yourself and a payment method.
- You will receive an email from HBS within 48 hours verifying the details of your data so that everything matches up.
- If you’d like to change any of this before continuing, even if it’s just something small such as a typo, for example, then simply reply back, and they’ll take care of whatever is necessary for you accordingly before submission.
- After everything checks out and everything looks accurate, then they will give you an estimated time frame of how long it will take to complete the tasks that you had chosen (if they aren’t completed already, of course).
- If there is a reason for it taking longer than expected, which can happen depending on how busy they are and how many other orders they might currently have going on at the same time as yours, then you will be notified as such.
- And if for some reason, something comes up that has never happened before, like maybe an issue with your payment or information that you’ve input, then this would also result in contacting you to inform you of any changes.
If I Use Harvard Business Services, Which Features Should I Buy?
This depends on what you’re looking for. If you’re just starting out with a new business, then I would recommend the Standard Package because it gives you access to all of their services that are included in that specific package which could definitely come in handy if something ever happens down the road that requires contacting them immediately.
You can look into more details about their services by visiting their official website.
But essentially, they give you access to filing your LLC or Corporation documents (or registered agent), state filings (for an assumed name certificate), trademarking, and/or patenting your work, getting discounts on payroll companies like ADP, etc.
Do They Offer Publication Service?
They do offer a publication service which is published in the Official Gazette of the US Patent and Trademark Office once a week for three consecutive weeks with necessary information directly from your order.
How helpful this can actually be depending on what you are trying to protect for your business or idea!
So if you are looking into protecting something, then this is definitely one of those services that you should consider having done.
Does Harvard Business Services Help With Ongoing Compliance Requirements?
The short answer is yes. In the event that you need help with ongoing compliance requirements, then Harvard Business Services can definitely help as this is one of those services from what I’ve been told by others who have used HBS for their business before.
If you are seeking licensing or other types of approvals from a governing body, then there might be a fee involved to cover the cost of filing and/or publication, depending on what it is for your case.
What Is Their Refund Policy?
Their refund policy is a 100% refund of the filing fees for corporate documents, name availability searches, and trademark applications.
They do not offer refunds on any other services including but not limited to $10 publications or $25 registered agent services (which you actually get more than just the registered agent service with the Standard Package).
Is Harvard Business Services Legit?
First of all, Harvard Business Services is a legitimate and registered business that was established in 1979, and they’ve been in good standing ever since.
They’ve also got an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB), which you can find reviews on if you click on our link we provide to the BBB website.
Customer Reviews of Harvard Business Services
The reviews that we found on several customer review websites (mentioned previously) were all positive and had nothing negative to say about them.
One of the most recent reviews on Google actually mentioned how quick and easy it was to complete their services, and they also said that anyone trying to incorporate or set up a new business should definitely use Harvard Business Services because it is affordable and easy for those who aren’t familiar with doing such things themselves.
Does Harvard Business Services Have Good Customer Support?
Yes, they do. We did check with Google+ and Yelp to see what the customers were saying about their excellent customer service, and all of them had nothing but positive things to say about it.
They mentioned that there were very helpful whenever you asked for their help or had any questions, so this is definitely a plus when having to deal with anything regarding your business or idea for your new company because it’s always easier when you have someone willing to lend a hand in order to get everything done faster without any complications.
What Is Their Customer Support Phone Number and Email?
If you do require help with anything, then their phone number is 1-800-922-1744, and you can also email them at [email protected] to get a hold of them regarding any questions regarding your order or their services.
They can also be reached via fax at (781) 736-7347, and they are open from Monday through Friday from 8:00 am until 10:00 pm EST if you would like to contact them by this method as well.
Should I Reserve My LLC Name Before Forming an LLC?
There is no need to “reserve” a name for your LLC because as soon as you pay and file your articles of organization, then that is the first step taken into forming your LLC. You don’t have to take any further steps since that was all it took to get things started up and running.
Can I Form an LLC Without Physically Being in the United States?
Yes, you can. Harvard Business Services will provide the necessary articles of organization from the state in which you reside.
All they need is your valid physical address (to mail out your LLC package), but they do allow for international customers to join with them as well.
Who Is Their Registered Agent?
Their registered agent service is through The Corporation Trust Company (CTCL), which is located at 951 East Long Lake Rd, Suite 280, Bloomfield Hills, Michigan 48304.
They only use CTCL because it’s one of the most reliable business formation companies that are based in the United States with an A+ rating with BBB like Harvard Business Services has as well.
Does Harvard Business Services Share My Information With Third Parties?
They don’t share any of your personal information with anyone else except those required by the state that you file your LLC from and those who help them with processing your order, such as CTCL (mentioned above), which is the company they use for registered agent services.
How Quickly Does Harvard Business Services Process LLC Formations?
It normally takes anywhere from 1 to 3 business days because the LLC kit will be sent out to you as soon as everything has been filled out and your payment has been processed.
They also have a “Rush Processing” option for those who require their LLC to be finished within 24 hours, but this is usually used by close friends or relatives of the owner(s) in order to get things done faster if they need it sooner rather than later.
So this is something that would need to be discussed with Harvard Business Services beforehand whether or not you can obtain Rush Processing for your order.
Other Than LLC Entire Formation Process, What Else Can Harvard Business Services Do?
Aside from forming LLC’s, they also provide additional services such as:
- Corporate Kit ($99.95)
- Partnership Kit ($99.95)
- Non-Profit Kit ($99.95)
- WLL (Wireless Licenses) ($119.00)
- Trademark & Service Mark $129.90)
- Patent Filing Services ($249-$499).
All of their prices are already discounted, so make sure to check out what each service is like before you request your order to be processed.
Once an order has been placed, returns/refunds are not allowed, nor will they process cancellations at any time or for any reason once an order has already been submitted for processing by customer(s).
How Harvard Business Services Compare
Harvard Business Services is very similar to We Form LLC, which is one of the most reputable companies in the entire industry.
Although Harvard Business Services doesn’t have any complaints online, their BBB rating isn’t as good as We Form LLC at this time. They do not have an A+ rating with BBB as We Form LLC does.
Other than that, both We Form LLC and Harvard Business Services are great services to use for anyone who needs help forming their own Delaware LLCs by following each state’s rules and regulations.
Harvard Business Services provides a great service to help people form LLCs for an affordable price compared to other companies in the industry.
Their prices are already discounted, so signing up with them will save you even more money which makes them one of the best places online to form your LLC while getting your package sent directly to you within 1 business day or less (if you choose Rush Processing).